Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising company that has proudly served some of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help our clients maximize support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design and implement multichannel fundraising programs that help nonprofits grow net income by cultivating new and nurturing current donors, plus create universes of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
The Account Director will work closely with the relationship owner and strategy team to direct the on-time and on-budget development, creation and execution of direct marketing fundraising programs for our clients. Serve as a primary contact to the client, as well as to internal and external supplier/partners, from program initiation through invoicing.
- Work with the Sales/Strategist to gain a thorough understanding of the strategic goals, fundraising objectives and marketing plans for each assigned client.
- Gain a clear understanding of client personalities and hot buttons, working toward developing and fostering long-term partnerships.
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients on day to day issues, being sure to include the entire Account Team in all high-level communications.
- Manage Annual Production Schedules where Edge Direct manages all programs.
- Challenge current processes to ensure maximum efficiencies and cost savings.
- Attend client meetings and travel as necessary.
- Schedule and coordinate “Campaign Reviews” with Strategist/Sales.
- Work with Strategist to determine package configuration to maximize program performance and minimize cost.
- Establish package specifications and develop cost analysis worksheets for each project.
- Work with chart pricing and/or external suppliers to determine specific package costs.
- Provide Sales/Strategist/Senior Management cost information to determine Sell/Budget price to client.
- Write Concept Memos in conjunction with the Strategy team to outline prior campaign results, and current testing strategies and projections to the client.
- Write Creative Briefs to direct Creative to develop various fundraising programs to follow the strategic mail/testing plan set forth by Strategist/Sales. Include email/digital, social media and DRTV strategy where applicable.
- Work with the Strategist and Creative Team to facilitate client presentations and present creative/program elements to clients.
- Facilitate the sourcing of letter copy through external resources as needed.
- Work with client to get content and images needed for various programs.
- Facilitate sourcing new packages, premiums, etc. through Edge’s sister companies or external resources as needed.
- Work with account manager to prepare/communicate to client and internal account team all Key Date Schedules to keep client in sync with strategic timelines and supplier production schedules.
- Work with Account Management team to prepare package components for client approval.
- Pull in needed URLs for digital integration where needed, testing to ensure they are functional before mailing.
- Gain written client approval on all package components by providing client with PDFs or mock-ups in keeping with production timelines.
- Work with chart pricing and/or external suppliers to build out campaign cost estimates and work with Sales/Strategist to determine specific package costs.
- Communicate directly with Edge suppliers to manage the on-time and flawless execution of all programs. Proactively communicate to Sales/Strategist job specific issues that may create production challenges or cause programs to mail late or come in over budget.
- Request client data for mailings with input from Strategist – and follow up with the client to ensure on time arrival.
- Work with Account Manager to get postal paperwork necessary to establish appropriate client mail permits. Ensure the Edge permit or client EPS account is funded prior to each mailing.
- Coordinate with all appropriate parties if mail quantities received are different from what was expected to come up with an action plan.
- Provide the Data Team completed mail grids and imaging dummys along with the data.
- Work with the Data Team to complete Data Processing and Imaging Instructions for Edge Direct’s data vendors and mail houses.
- Traffic all activity with external lettershops to make sure jobs stay on track and postage is received in time for mailing.
- Prepare billing instructions to Finance for client invoicing, ensuring that final program costs are aligned with the budget. Alert Account Team if program costs don’t meet budget expectations.
Experience: Three or more years of client services and direct response experience; nonprofit fundraising knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who will take initiative and follow through on projects
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and prioritize constantly shifting priorities
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills