Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising agency that has proudly served hundreds of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help nonprofit clients achieve maximum support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design programs that meet the unique needs of nonprofits in today’s evolving fundraising environment by increasing net income, cultivating, and growing donor files, and generating a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Edge Direct is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors. More about Edge Direct and our clients can be found at www.EdgeDirect.com.
The Accounts Receivable position will assist in ensuring the company invoices and receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment
- Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff
- Collaborates with Managers to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with attention to Excel and Word or related software as well as other accounting software programs
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Business or Accounting degree preferred, but not required
- 2 years’ experience in invoicing/cash receipts
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at Edge Direct is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes paid company benefits including health/prescription/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation leave, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, a Health Savings Account plan, and Flexible Spending Account plans. Employees have the option to participate in a 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
Edge Direct is proud to be Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, age, and other statuses protected by law.