Edge Direct is a multichannel marketing agency, committed to help nonprofits raise maximum funds and brand awareness in support of the important work they do. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team and enjoy a fast passed environment, Edge Direct is a great company for you. We work hard and love what we do! Located in Baltimore, we offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Are you creative, curious, and committed?
If you are a captivating, confident, creative individual looking for a fast paced, multifaceted, and stimulating environment in which to thrive, then you’ll want to take advantage of this opportunity to join Edge Direct as an Associate Creative Director. Serving as a source for impactful ideas you will spearhead the engineering of fundraising campaigns and product ideas that will be customized to meet the needs of well-known national and international charities and nonprofit organizations. A team player, you will be directly involved in the launch of new concepts to existing clients as well as qualifying new leads for the company. The individual in this position will be a face for Edge Direct’s inspired creative presence in the marketplace and assist in integrating multi-media channels to optimize donor response. As Associate Creative Director, you will possess an understanding of multichannel advertising, product development, marketing and sales strategy, creative process, and graphic design. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with a focus on detail is a must.
This position reports to our Vice President, Creative Director and is located in Baltimore, MD.
- Be a student of nonprofit, multichannel direct response marketing and fundraising.
- Co-lead the creative strategic direction for Edge Direct and its clients in partnership with the President and VP, Creative Director.
- Develop and sell creative strategy to current and prospective clients as part of our pitch team.
- Collaborate with our Digital Team on the company’s website and social.
- Advance the digital creative capabilities of Edge Direct through skill-development of our creative team and in partnership with the VP, Creative
- Elevate employees on integrated digital solutions, providing creative strategy and development.
- Work with the Direct Mail & Digital Account Teams to gain a thorough understanding of strategic goals, fundraising objectives and marketing plans for each client and implement creative, technical and conceptual design solutions.
- Determine campaigns format to maximize program performance.
- Serve as a source for impactful ideas. Spearhead the engineering of multichannel campaigns and products in partnership with VP, Creative Director.
- Must be able to analyze challenges and provide creative and viable solutions.
- Understand client needs and know when to escalate issues to appropriate internal personnel.
- Assist in the development of Edge Direct marketing collateral such as flyers, brochures, direct mail, digital media, and member-facing materials, ensuring all designs are compliant with brand standards
- PowerPoint is a must for this role as the designer will play a key part in branded presentation design
- At ease with creative presentations
- Communicate regularly with the creative team to deliver assets efficiently
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time
- A self-starter who can work with and manage deadlines on several projects
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
Education: BA in Journalism, Marketing Communication or Graphic Design
Experience: Five or more years office experience – Direct marketing fundraising experience with nonprofit clients is a plus
- Excellent creative skills (verbal, written and conceptual)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office along with InDesign, Quark and Illustrator
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects
- Knowledge of direct response marketing: direct mail, email, websites, co-targeting, digital, and social
- Understands how to design for unique audiences (psychographics/demographics) across multiple platforms. One concept does not fit all channels in integrated advertising.
- Compelling portfolio showcasing your creative talent
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
- Excellent eye for detail