Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising agency that has proudly served hundreds of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help nonprofit clients achieve maximum support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design programs that meet the unique needs of nonprofits in today’s evolving fundraising environment by increasing net income, cultivating, and growing donor files, and generating a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Edge Direct is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors. More about Edge Direct and our clients can be found at www.EdgeDirect.com.
- Work with the Agency Lead/Strategist to gain a thorough understanding of the strategic goals, fundraising objectives, and marketing plans for each assigned client.
- Gain a clear understanding of client personalities and hot buttons, working toward developing and fostering long-term partnerships.
- Act as the primary point of contact for direct mail agency clients on day-to-day issues, being sure to include the entire Account Team in all high-level communications.
- Facilitate creative development to help ensure program strategy is in alignment with program goals.
- Be a student of the industry and work to develop and understanding of multichannel fundraising.
- Manage annual Direct Mail production schedules.
- Attend client meetings and travel as necessary.
- Schedule and coordinate “Campaign Reviews” with Strategist/Agency Lead.
- Work with Strategist to determine package configuration to maximize program performance and minimize cost.
- Establish package specifications and develop cost analysis worksheets for each project.
- Work with chart pricing and/or external suppliers to determine specific package costs.
- Provide Agency Lead/Strategist/Senior Management cost information to determine final program strategy and sell/budget price to client.
- Write Concept Memos in conjunction with the Strategy team to outline prior campaign results, current testing strategies and campaign projections to the client.
- Write Creative Briefs to direct Creative to develop various fundraising programs to follow the strategic mail/testing plan set forth by Strategist/Agency Lead. Include email/digital, social media and DRTV strategy where applicable.
- Work with the Strategist and Creative Team to facilitate client presentations and present creative/program elements to clients.
- Facilitate the sourcing of letter copy through external copywriting resources as needed.
- Work with client to get content and images needed for various programs.
- Facilitate sourcing new packages, premiums, etc. through Edge’s sister companies or external resources as needed.
- Work with the account management team to prepare/communicate to client and internal account team all Key Date Schedules to keep client in sync with Edge strategic timelines and supplier production schedules.
- Work with Account Manager to prepare package components for client approval by requesting mock-ups from Edge Direct’s Creative or Prepress Dept.
- Work with Digital team and Sr. AD, Integrated Services to ensure flawless digital execution on all DM components. Pull in needed URLs for digital integration where needed, testing to ensure they are functional before mailing.
- Gain written client approval on all package components by providing client with PDFs or mock-ups in keeping with production timelines.
- Double check all components against final Program Plan and Concept Memo before releasing for production.
- Communicate directly with Edge suppliers to manage the on-time and flawless execution of all programs. Proactively communicate to Agency Lead/Strategist job specific issues that may create production challenges or cause programs to mail late or come in over budget.
- Work with Account Manager and Data Team to manage postal paperwork necessary to establish appropriate client mail permits and additional entry authorizations.
- Coordinate with Account Manager to request postage from the client and prepare check requests for outside vendors; ensure the Edge permit or client EPS account is funded prior to each mailing.
- Coordinate with all appropriate parties if mail quantities received are different from what was expected to come up with an action plan.
- Work with the Data Team to complete Data Processing and Imaging Instructions for Edge Direct’s data vendors and mail houses; provide completed mail grids and imaging dummys when data arrives for QC.
- Traffic all activity with external lettershops to make sure jobs stay on track and postage is received in time for mailing.
- Work with Account Manager to prepare billing instructions to Finance for client invoicing, ensuring that final program costs are aligned with the budget. Alert Account Team if program costs don’t meet budget expectations.
- Work with Account Manager to provide pricing, order appropriate fulfillment materials and create shipment instructions for acknowledgments and all Back End Premium fulfillment.
- Track inventory usage and replenish as needed.
- Work with Account Manager to manage client inventory with client and Edge/other warehouses.
- Mail and material invoicing and postage reconciliation.
- Attend bi-weekly Operations meetings to update internal sources on job mailing status and potential issues.
- Is highly organized and has demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects successfully.
- Is a resourceful self-starter who takes initiative and sees projects through.
- Brings strong analytical and time management skills.
- Is an excellent cross-functional collaborator with stellar communication skills.
- Adheres to AFP ethical standards and practices.
- Is meticulous in identifying strategies for growing clients’ donor files.
- Serves as an ambassador for the company and the Moore enterprise.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in client and direct response services.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Why Join Edge Direct?
At Edge Direct, we are committed to creating a fair workplace where people’s unique skills and experiences are embraced and celebrated. To help our team stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits. At Edge Direct, you will:
- Get to do meaningful, life-changing work every day.
- Joina highly respected company with an impressive (and growing!) nonprofit client list.
- Collaborate in a driven, innovative, and supportive team environment.
- Work a hybrid schedule of telecommuting and in-office days.
- Earn a competitive salary and be eligible for comprehensive health, wellness, and retirement benefits.
- Enjoy paid holidays, flexible time off, and paid volunteer leave.
Edge Direct is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Edge Direct is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.