Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising agency that has proudly served hundreds of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help nonprofit clients achieve maximum support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design programs that meet the unique needs of nonprofits in today’s evolving fundraising environment by increasing net income, cultivating, and growing donor files, and generating a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Edge Direct is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors. More about Edge Direct and our clients can be found at www.EdgeDirect.com.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is directly responsible for day-to-day Human Resources activities and performs a key role in the success of Moore and the unit(s) they support. As a member of the Moore corporate HR team, the HRBP partners with all levels of the leadership team, delivering value-added services to management and employees that reflect our values and objectives.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a partner to the Unit President and coach as well as mentor to the unit managers and staff that they work with.
- Works with the Unit President to understand employee needs and helps work towards attainment of annual goals.
- Partnerships with Unit President as co-sponsor as the DEI initiative.
- Understands employees’ development needs and works with unit President and management to develop employee development frameworks, sources training classes, and helps to ensure the nurturing of staff.
- Responsible for primary oversight and execution of full cycle recruitment processes, including sourcing, screening, and closing the best talent in our markets.
- Manages the onboarding of new employees in partnership with unit IT, unit manager, unit marketing manager, and administrative support to include welcome presentation, office equipment, business cards (if applicable), facility tour, branding guidelines, and more.
- Identify and assess training needs within a company and in coordination with HR Shared Services recommends, designs, develops and implements innovative learning and development programs that support the full employment lifecycle.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Provides support to the employee benefits processes, including benefit questions and researching issues.
- Ensures that personnel changes are made to HRIS in a timely manner.
- Employee point of contact for a variety of needs and services.
- Manages unemployment claim protests and appeals with guidance and direction from corporate leadership.
- Document and manage company FMLA claims.
- Leads required push reporting; recommend efficiencies to streamline HR processes.
- In coordination with corporate HR, provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Oversee employee termination process.
- Maintain oversight responsibility for third-party COBRA administration.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Assists in the investigation of accidents and prepare reports for Workers Compensation and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance carriers.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor to others.
- Be disciplined in maintaining confidentiality when circumstances require.
- Good interpersonal skills, reflecting a positive image of the company to others.
- Well-developed organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, adept at leading by example.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a business-related field or a combination of equivalent relevant education and documented HR work experience of a minimum of 5 years.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Experience in leading and managing others preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at Edge Direct is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes paid company benefits including health/prescription/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation leave, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, a Health Savings Account plan, and Flexible Spending Account plans. Employees have the option to participate in a 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
Edge Direct is proud to be Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, age, and other statuses protected by law.