Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising agency that has proudly served hundreds of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help nonprofit clients achieve maximum support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design programs that meet the unique needs of nonprofits in today’s evolving fundraising environment by increasing net income, cultivating, and growing donor files, and generating a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Edge Direct is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors. More about Edge Direct and our clients can be found at www.EdgeDirect.com.
Edge Direct is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our team in Baltimore, Maryland. In this role, your responsibilities are preparing monthly management reports and journal entries, reconciliations, compiling and analyzing data, and producing ad hoc reports.
- Participate in the daily operations of the accounting department including but not limited to:
- Month and year-end process
- General ledger
- Journal entries
- Fixed assets
- Account reconciliations
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Annual budget preparation
- Accounts payable including entering invoices, vendor statement review, and processing year-end 1099s
- Accounts receivable including creating invoices, posting receipts, and following up on past-due balances
- Job costing
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Follow proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Identify challenges and provide recommendations
- Collaborate with accounting/finance staff from other Moore Group entities
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Ad Hoc projects
- Proven work experience with progressing responsibilities
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of accounting experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (high attention to Excel) and other accounting software, NetSuite and/or QuickBooks are a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at Edge Direct is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes paid company benefits including health/prescription/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation leave, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, a Health Savings Account plan, and Flexible Spending Account plans. Employees have the option to participate in a 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
Edge Direct is proud to be Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, age, and other statuses protected by law.