Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising agency that has proudly served hundreds of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help nonprofit clients achieve maximum support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design programs that meet the unique needs of nonprofits in today’s evolving fundraising environment by increasing net income, cultivating, and growing donor files, and generating a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Edge Direct is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors (https://wearemoore.com/). More about the Edge Direct and our clients can be found at edgedirect.com.
The Vice President of Development & Integrated Direct Response Marketing is responsible for managing high-profile, enterprise agency client(s) by working across the Moore enterprise to develop and deliver a cohesive direct response and marketing strategy in partnership with the President of Edge Direct and the multichannel leads (DRTV, Direct Mail, Digital and Marketing). As the most senior team member on the account, you will be responsible for establishing solid relationships at all levels within the client’s organization, forming effective communications and partnerships with all Moore team members, and managing the delivery of multichannel direct response program strategies that ensure the client’s fundraising and marketing success. You will serve as the primary point person for account development and account oversight.
- Managing to the budget to ensure maximum client and company performance.
- Continuously seeking to delight our client(s) with new marketing and fundraising ideas centered on elevating and/or expanding the services we provide the client(s) across multiple channels.
- Conducting a minimum of three Strategic Planning & Program Reviews. Setup and coordinate three strategic planning sessions a year for client(s) and Moore leadership. Facilitate presentation development, coordinate meeting details, written communications, etc. to ensure a successful event.
- When needed, partnering with Moore Enterprise Sales Representatives in the pursuit of new agency clients.
- Lead the Moore account team to develop and deliver on annual fundraising, marketing, and communications plans and budgets.
- Develop integrated communications and fundraising plan which consolidates all fundraising/marketing activities and creates a single view.
- Monitor development of KPIs and report regularly to the client and Moore team leadership on the key progress indicators.
- Review, submit and monitor all Concept Memos (CMs). CMs serve as the final client approval to move forward with campaigns. Understand program details as stated in all Concept Memos, plus track and help secure timely approvals.
- Participate on all channel calls (e.g., DRTV, Edge Direct Mail, Edge Digital, etc.) to ensure channel integration.
- Regular travel (when that is possible again) to meet with prospects and attend conferences is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in multichannel direct response marketing
- Executive presence with ability to interact well with senior leadership
- Exceptional client service attitude and demeanor
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Direct Response agency experience and a familiarity with nonprofit organizations
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations
- Creative instincts a plus
- Effective listener and storyteller — key to relationship building, marketing, and fundraising
- Problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose solutions for clients
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at Edge Direct is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes paid company benefits including health/prescription/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation leave, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, a Health Savings Account plan, and Flexible Spending Account plans. Employees have the option to participate in a 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
Edge Direct is proud to be Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, age, and other statuses protected by law.
Edge Direct will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.