Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising agency that has proudly served hundreds of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help nonprofit clients achieve maximum support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design programs that meet the unique needs of nonprofits in today’s evolving fundraising environment by increasing net income, cultivating, and growing donor files, and generating a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Edge Direct is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors (https://wearemoore.com/). More about the Edge Direct and our clients can be found at edgedirect.com.
The Vice President of Strategic Marketing is responsible for the leadership of the strategic marketing departments with a primary focus on direct marketing driven by analytics and technology and leading the improvement of revenue through the management of customer reinvestment. This position requires an in-depth understanding of competitive environments and multi-channel direct marketing programs. The Vice President of Strategic Marketing develops strategic goals and translates them into tactical plans, as well as provides leadership to ensure goals and expectations by the Tribe are attained.
This position provides oversight to ensure all marketing objectives are in accordance with overall business objectives and to ensure campaigns and programs be designed within budget guidelines.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Oversees overall strategic marketing direction.
- Manages analysis of marketing initiatives; identifies short-term and long-term goals; measures (ROI) for all marketing programs.
- Responsible for revenue and profit targets, including the detailed analysis and reporting of associated marketing trends. Provides input, direction, and execution of strategic plans, operating budgets, and service standards to capture incremental revenue.
- Conducts competitor research and analysis for operations related to reinvestment strategies and programs to ensure positioning alignment in the diverse and ever-evolving regional markets.
- Develops a long-term strategic marketing calendar that encompasses the entire spectrum of departmental activities and defines customer reinvestment.
- Leads the strategy department, overseeing the development of direct mail marketing and segmentation strategy in order to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Demonstrates an expert working knowledge of the marketing analytics and technology industry. Stays abreast of new technologies and innovative trends significant to fundraising industry. Attends industry conferences, conventions, tradeshows, expositions, etc. and networks with industry experts. Targets and researches relevant technology / 3rd parties to improve operations, guest service, and marketing efficiencies.
- Drives a culture of data-driven decision making in order to increase the effectiveness of all channels.
- Builds and develops a best-in-class program.
- Researches and analyzes existing data and trends and takes action to reduce costs and increase revenues whenever possible.
- Regularly reviews and recommends changes/revisions, where necessary, to internal controls that relate to the Marketing department operations. Regularly evaluates all department policies and procedures for effectiveness and possible areas of improvement or efficiencies.
- Selects, trains, develops, organizes and motivates a highly qualified and effective team, capable of providing optimum staff support for the organization. The development includes technical abilities as well as leadership and interpersonal skills. Maintains high morale through support, appreciation and development of Team Members.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field is required. Masters degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in marketing required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in marketing analytics required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years supervisory experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must be culturally competent and effective in a multi-cultural environment.
- Effective at presenting information and responding to questions and/or concerns from management, staff, customers, public groups, regulatory agencies, and/or the Business Committee.
- Strong leadership and people management skills required with good motivational and collaboration emphasis; communicates change effectively, overcomes resistance and builds commitment.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in a clear, friendly, and positive manner with internal and external guest
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at Edge Direct is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes paid company benefits including health/prescription/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation leave, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, a Health Savings Account plan, and Flexible Spending Account plans. Employees have the option to participate in a 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
Edge Direct is proud to be Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, age, and other statuses protected by law.
Edge Direct will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.