Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising agency that has proudly served hundreds of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help nonprofit clients achieve maximum support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design programs that meet the unique needs of nonprofits in today’s evolving fundraising environment by increasing net income, cultivating, and growing donor files, and generating a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Edge Direct is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors. More about Edge Direct and our clients can be found at www.EdgeDirect.com.
Edge Direct seeks a tenured, innovative, and proven VP of Strategy to join our growing leadership team. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Vice President of Strategy builds, develops, and leads a team of strategists who create and implement innovative fundraising campaigns for our nonprofit clients. As the Strategy Team leader, this person manages the team’s daily operations and stays familiar with each client’s programs and goals to ensure exceptional fundraising results. This full-time, exempt position assists in the implementation of the company’s overall strategic initiatives, including introducing and supporting new tools and processes designed to elevate Edge Direct’s fundraising programs.
- Builds, develops, and leads a team of strategists who create and implement innovative campaigns for nonprofit clients.
- Leads the strategy team in quarterly and annual business forecasting by sharing account trends and future client needs.
- Manages day-to-day team operations and ensures exceptional service to our clients.
- Develops deep knowledge of clients’ programs to produce campaigns that continually challenge controls and improve results.
- Interfaces with clients at various levels to support the strategy team, communicating Edge Direct’s point of view, and resolving client issues when needed.
- Interprets and provides insights on fundraising strategies based on Edge Direct’s file health report (DDA) to set strategic priorities for long-term client program growth.
- Evaluates each client to identify opportunities to implement multichannel integration opportunities and mid-level, major donor, and planned giving initiatives.
- Advises on the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of effective testing strategies to improve program performance and ensures strategists implement creative, package, segmentation, and ask tests to improve performance.
- Leads regular test reviews across multiple clients to share results and knowledge, ensuring winning strategies are implemented across our client base.
- Provides guidance on the development of appropriate coding structures needed to facilitate Edge Direct’s sophisticated segmentation strategies.
- Advises on audience selection strategies for donor campaigns to ensure maximum campaign effectiveness.
- Monitors all client program results including evaluating return on investment for each client and provides opportunities to apply learnings for future programs across all clients.
- Participates in presentation development and attends client meetings as needed to share program outcomes and strategic recommendations.
- Develops effective sales presentations in conjunction with Sales Team to showcase Edge Direct strengths and competitive advantages with a focus on multichannel opportunities to elevate client-agency relationships and nonprofit fundraising programs.
- Attends sales presentations to communicate strategic capabilities and recommendations to prospective clients.
- Develops and implements new and innovative approaches and packages to offer, expand, and/or improve current practices.
- Designs long-term company strategic plans in coordination with all team members to ensure account retention, continued account success, and realistic program expansion.
- Participates in industry conferences to develop knowledge and skills and presents Edge Direct programs and viewpoints as opportunities arise.
- Shares knowledge with other team members and encourages ongoing professional development to elevate Edge Direct’s reputation and standing in the industry.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possesses expert-level analytical and project management skills with proven experience in managing multiple clients and leading several projects simultaneously.
- Has exceptional leadership skills, leading with a growth mindset and valuing diversity and equity.
- Possesses exceptional skills in sharing knowledge and strategies to internal and external teams, including executives and senior-level development professionals.
- Brings advanced knowledge of best practices regarding direct response strategy and analytics.
- Is an excellent cross-functional collaborator with stellar communication skills.
- Adheres to AFP ethical standards and practices.
- Is meticulous in identifying strategies for growing clients’ donor files.
- Serves as an effective leader and ambassador for the company and the Moore enterprise.
Education and Experience:
- 15+ years’ experience leading strategic fundraising initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CFRE preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Why Join Edge Direct?
At Edge Direct, we are committed to creating a fair workplace where people’s unique skills and experiences are embraced and celebrated. To help our team stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits. At Edge Direct, you will:
- Get to do meaningful, life-changing work every day.
- Joina highly respected company with an impressive (and growing!) nonprofit client list.
- Collaborate in a driven, innovative, and supportive team environment.
- Work a hybrid schedule of telecommuting and in-office days.
- Earn a competitive salary and be eligible for comprehensive health, wellness, and retirement benefits.
- Enjoy paid holidays, flexible time off, and paid volunteer leave.
Edge Direct is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Edge Direct is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.