Edge Direct is a results-driven fundraising agency that has proudly served hundreds of the world’s best-known causes for nearly a century. We help nonprofit clients achieve maximum support for their missions through effective direct response marketing. We design programs that meet the unique needs of nonprofits in today’s evolving fundraising environment by increasing net income, cultivating, and growing donor files, and generating a universe of qualified donors for major and planned giving opportunities.
Edge Direct is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors. More about Edge Direct and our clients can be found at www.EdgeDirect.com.
Edge Direct seeks a tenured, innovative, and proven Senior Strategy Director to join our growing team. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Senior Strategy Director provides overall strategic/analytic direction to ensure the ultimate success of our multichannel fundraising programs. The Senior Strategy Director collaborates with internal partners to formulate and execute direct marketing strategies that fully leverage our client’s database information and drives fundraising results across multiple channels. This full-time, exempt role leads a team of strategists and analysts on behalf of one or more clients and sets the overall strategic direction for each program. The ideal Senior Strategy Director possesses advanced knowledge of direct marketing campaigns and nonprofit fundraising.
Reports To:Chief Strategy Officer
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate effective testing strategies to improve program performance
- Develop and distribute all coding structures needed to facilitate Edge Direct’s sophisticated segmentation strategies.
- Ensure that accurate Data Processing Instructions are prepared and delivered to the Data Team for each campaign.
- Determine audience selection strategies for donor campaigns and effectively communicate segmentation criteria to analyst for execution.
- Research and recommend any external data enhancements and processes that may improve overall performance.
- Work with list broker(s) to create audience for acquisition campaigns. Ensure that accurate and complete merge instructions are prepared which may include external data enhancements and processes.
- Manage relationships with other external partners to include cager, database vendor, list broker, co-ops, modelers, digital partners, copy writers.
- Design reporting for ongoing key performance indicators for each client and work with analysts to ensure regular reporting.
- Track and analyze ongoing programs, evaluate return on investment of all programs, and apply learning of recommendations for future programs.
- Regularly develop presentations and conduct client meetings to share program outcomes and strategic recommendations for upcoming campaigns.
- Expedite the resolution of client problems/complaints.
- Contribute to Edge Direct’s quarterly and annual business forecasting by sharing account trends and future client needs.
- When needed, develop effective sales presentations in conjunction with Sales Team to showcase Edge Direct strengths and competitive advantages, with a focus on multi-channel opportunities to elevate client-agency relationship and nonprofit fundraising program.
- Attend sales presentations as needed to communicate strategic capabilities and recommendations to prospective client.
- Develop and implement new and innovative approaches to offer, expand or improve current practices.
- Design long-term strategic plans in coordination with all team members designed to ensure account retention, continued account success and realistic program expansion.
- Participate in industry conferences to develop knowledge and skills. Share knowledge with other team members.
- Demonstrates an ability to influence, inspire, and drive a cross-functional team in a unified direction.
- Possesses expert-level analytical skills with proven experience in managing multiple clients and leading several projects simultaneously.
- Is skilled in identifying solutions, remaining diplomatic, and gaining consensus.
- Exhibits highly persuasive written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses exceptional skills in sharing knowledge and strategies to internal and external teams, including executives and senior-level development professionals.
- Brings advanced knowledge of best practices regarding direct response strategy and analytics.
- Adapts to frequent change and skillfully prioritizes shifting opportunities.
- Adheres to AFP ethical standards and practices.
- Remains intellectually curious and open-minded.
- Serves as an effective leader and ambassador for the company and the Moore enterprise.
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience of direct marketing fundraising experience with nonprofit clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Consists of auto and air travel for client meetings and industry events. Travel approx. 10-20% of time, depending on employee’s location.
Why Join Edge Direct?
At Edge Direct, we are committed to creating a fair workplace where people’s unique skills and experiences are embraced and celebrated. To help our team stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits. At Edge Direct, you will:
- Get to do meaningful, life-changing work every day.
- Joina highly respected company with an impressive (and growing!) nonprofit client list.
- Collaborate in a driven, innovative, and supportive team environment.
- Work a hybrid schedule of telecommuting and in-office days.
- Earn a competitive salary and be eligible for comprehensive health, wellness, and retirement benefits.
- Enjoy paid holidays, flexible time off, and paid volunteer leave.
Edge Direct is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Edge Direct is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.